CLIMATE CHANGE AT MY NOSTRILS.


 
I am Tunza Edwin,an advocate, an African, a villager community. Today ,i am very worried  for this little stream which I use to swim and fish inside is fast drying up, before I could drown inside but  if we not careful  our children may not even see it.
I Am a native of a small village in the North West Region of Cameroon called Mbatu,many years ago(14yrs) I migrated to city of  Buea  and Yaounde respectively in search of better education and social amenities of life. In this village are streams use to overflow  fill with mud fish and other water animals soils were fertile and we had much harvest in both the dry and rainy season.we had traditional calendars and could tell when they rains would and knew exactly when we could plant our crops. There use to be plenty of water for house chores ,to drink and to irrigate our farmlands. Even in the dry season we had beauty green sceneries and constant  availability of fresh water protected by trees.
Of recent friends, an emergency took   me home  and as an ambassador I was shock and curious about the many changes and devastating environment ,so started dipping  deep asking questions and visiting sites saw climate change at my nostrils, it was an inconvenient truth.

The waters I use fly and bounced in them when swimming could not reach my knees, they were equally heavily polluted and no longer drinkable. I saw villagers travel for miles in search of drinking water. The environment became new in my eyes, the beautiful scenery where no more even the  tasteful  mud fishes were no where to be found. The sun has scourge the land aand the soils were deserted and cranky. Crops were  stunted while those that were planted did not geminate for the rains did not show up as expected. Farmers look confuse in their activities due to all this uncertainties. Some had worked  and planted, others worked but still waiting for rains.

My curiosity, took me to the river banks where most  of the problems lie, much  farming has encroach  there and watersheds  have been  destroy and the streams were expose to intensive  solar radiation.Most tree plants and fruit trees in this community have been  cut down fuel  and use as firewood and barriers to reduce evaporation rates.Again,I witness great loss of biome through poor farming techniques.
I visited stock houses and there were no stocks like in our days where  there use threshing floors of corn harvest and others. Most farmers were eating their seeds.
I was worried, because the people were not concern or realize the adversity of what what was happening in their immediate environment, they were  indeed the cause.

Thanks to  Tunza and its objects  which helps me in taking this problem starting with  laudable and massive sensitization campaign especially with the youths and children who also witness this  and can testify or make their voices heard in  their families. My environment is my concern, what about you

No comments:

Post a Comment